top of page

Motor Vehicle Accident Claims in Ottawa

Accident Benefits Claim

This type of claim can be submitted to your own vehicle insurance company, to the company that covers the car you were in at the time of the accident, or to the company that covers the other party’s car.

The accident benefits you may be entitled to receive can include:

Income replacement benefits

Medical and rehabilitation benefits

Attendant care benefits

Other benefits depending on the circumstances

Dealing with accident benefits claims can be very complex and confusing. Ottawa lawyer John Dempster can explain your options, and help you obtain what you are entitled to receive from the appropriate motor vehicle insurance company.

Personal Injury Claim Against the At-fault Person or Persons

This type of claim is commonly called a tort claim. Depending on how serious your injuries are, you may be entitled to make a claim for various damages that are not normally covered by accident benefits insurance: pain and suffering, income loss, attendant care, medical, rehabilitation, future care and assistance costs.

Family members of the injured person can also make certain claims for damages depending on the circumstances.

Contingency Fees

The initial consultation concerning motor vehicle accident claims is free. Should you decide to move forward, John D. Dempster will represent you on a contingency fee basis, which means that you only need to pay a percentage of the received compensation if your case is won.

If you have been injured in a motor vehicle accident in Ontario, call or email John to schedule your free initial consultation.

bottom of page