top of page

Slip and Fall Claims in Ottawa

Slip and Fall Accident Claims

If you have sustained an injury as a result of a slip and fall accident on another person’s property, Ottawa lawyer John Dempster can help you make a claim for damages to the responsible party or parties.

Ontario law establishes strict deadlines to file a slip and fall claim. For example, if you fell on municipally-owned property, you need to notify the municipality in writing within 10 days of the accident or you could lose the right to make a claim. If you were injured in such an accident, contact John D. Dempster as soon as possible in order to meet deadlines and to gather liability evidence (such as photographs of the area where the accident occurred).

Damage claims can include:

Pain and suffering

Income loss

Other financial losses

Past and future cost of care

Other potential damages depending on the circumstances

Family members of the injured person can also make certain claims for damages depending on the circumstances.

Contingency Fees

The initial consultation concerning slip and fall personal injury claims is free. Should you decide to move forward, John D. Dempster will represent you on a contingency fee basis, which means that you only need to pay a percentage of the received compensation if your case is won.

If you have been injured as a result of a slip and fall accident in Ontario, call or email John to schedule your free initial consultation.

bottom of page